About the Finn in the other end of the cable

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Macro shots




Hello everybody!

Recently I purchased a macro lens adapter, which is basically just 2 adapter pieces, one for the camera and one for the lens and 3 aluminum tubes. The magic this adapter set does is it makes it possible to focus the lens closer than normally by moving the lens further from the camera body.  The set cost me only about 6€ or 8$.

Here are some flowers and other small details of carnivorous plants that I took photos of.

Flower of Drosera paradoxa 

Drosera venusta

  Drosera venusta


  Drosera tomentosa Morro do Jambeiro, Grao Mogol, Minas Gerais, Brazil

Pinguicula emarginata x (moranensis x ehlersiae) leaf with a mosquito. In the middle of the winter there's a mosquito on my pinguicula's leaf. Could this possibly be a Culex pipiens molestus, a.k.a. London Underground mosquito, which can possibly lay eggs in any place with standing water?

Flower of  Pinguiula emarginata x (moranensis x ehlersiae). 

Another flower of  Pinguicula emarginata x (moranensis x ehlersiae)

Flower of Pinguicula emarginata 


Flower of Utricularia livida 'Blue'

Flower bud of Pinguicula moctezumae 

A tiny drop of water on Utricularia nelumbifolia x remiformis, showing hydrofobic properties of leaves of this plant. So far I have not seen a trait like this on my individuals of U. nelumbifolia or U. reniformis.

Leaves of Utricularia pubescens .


Flower of Utricularia nephrophylla.

I want to especially thank my readers from the United States of America for following my blog. At the moment I see that my flag counter on the right navigation bar shows 526 hits from the US and 525 hits from Finland. Also thank you readers from other countries as well for following my green life.

Spring is starting here because the temperature at the moment is only slightly over zero celsius. Soon the snow starts to melt and summer returns to the north again.

Have a happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment