About the Finn in the other end of the cable

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Discount orchid, new growth and chilies

Howdy everybody! Greetings from sunny Finland.

D.slackii of mine which has done nothing for a year is now showing some new growth after I repotted it to clay pellets and sphagnum. The growth is very minimal but still better than nothing
Photobucket
Photobucket

G. violacea 'Grao Mogol' is conquering bigger areas of it's pot.
Photobucket

I visited a flowershop where I saw a Moth orchid with two flowertalks, lots of withered flowers and a tag "1€". Plant was in extremely good condition for such a low price. Roots looked numerous and healthy so I had to remove only about 7cm of rotted roots. Plant had only withered flowers which had cream colour on petals and sepals and purple parts in center of the flower.

Good roots
Photobucket

Same plant repotted few mins ago.
Photobucket

Yesterday was big day for my chilies which got bigger pots and better soil campared to previous one. Chilies that I'm growing in this year are
C. anuum 'Bolivian Rainbow' (visually most beautiful chili I've got)
C. anuum 'Early Jalapeno'
C. chinense 'Habanero'
C. baccatum 'Aji Cristal' (my favourite chili by taste)
C. baccatum 'Inca Red Drop'
C. baccatum 'Lemon Drop' (hottest chili that I'm growing at the moment)

A small picture splash of my chilies.

Photobucket
Habanero. Repotted yesterday.

Photobucket
Bolivian Raindow. Repotted yesterday. Lovely purple colour on the leaves.

Photobucket
Aji Cristal. Making flowers.

Photobucket
Seedlings. Clockwise from top left corner Inca Red Drop, Aji Cristal, Basil, Lemon Drop, Early Jalapeno and some old Bolivian Rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment