About the Finn in the other end of the cable

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Plants away from frost, trying to make a new hybrid

Today I took my plants away from outside. I'm trying to keep them alive indoors till in November I will put them in refridgerator for winter dormancy. In this year I will have more temperate plants than ever. 4 Sarracenia pitcher plants, 2 venus flytraps and 2 species of temperate sundews.

Few weeks ago I tried crossing D. spatulata 'Bloody Red' and D. intermedia from Gran Sabana, Venezuela. Will let you hear about the results as soon as possible.

Plants receved from Veek are already recovering from delivery thanks to fastness of delivery, from Belgium to Finland in 3 days! D. graomogolensis is opening 4 new leaves, which 1 has dewdrops. Some dew drops have already returned to D. petiolaris and I will hope that both of them will groww succesfully in my current conditions.

Plants received from Tobias Kulig are slowly recovering. Due to non-registered postage the packet was on its way for 2 weeks. D. felix was okay and is slowly showing some new growth but D. graminifolia's leaves were all rotten and now I will hope if new plantlets would sprout from the roots. So always remember to get packet registered if the contents of the packet are valuable! Despite the bad luck with my plants I will order more plants from Tobias in near future. Tobias is a trustworthy seller and only sells quality plants and seeds. I recommend you to buy plants from him. Just remember to have the packet registered.

My terraria is now clean too. I was shocked how moldy my terraria was. Now I know the reason why my seedslings mold so often. Guess I just have to make new terraria during winter. From now on, I will never use any organic material in my plants terraria. It is so long wood-glass terraria and welcome full glass terraria, as soon as I just get the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment