About the Finn in the other end of the cable

Monday, December 05, 2011

Waiting for Christmas

Hey everybody! Waiting for Christmas? I am, because it is the best day of the year. No job, no school, just being with family and having fun.

Unfortunately there's a dark side of christmas. It is in winter and winter in Finland is very very cold and dark. Plants slow down the growth speed and temperate plants must go to dormancy. But it makes me feel happpy when I watch videos about carnivorous plants. There are some videos or users in youtube that I'd like to recommend to everyone who's into carnivorous plants.



How to take care for a venus flytrap by expert village is the fist one in my list because the videos of expert village give you good, maybe a bit too narrow overview of the whole hobby.Videos of expertvillage have something to say about other carnivorous plants than just the venus flytrap but the flytrap really cathces the highlight in their videos.



Monthly carnivorous plant care by SarraceniaNorthwest. This is so far the best account for overview videos. They show things around their nursery, talk about care for carnivorous plants and show their own plants. new video comes out monthly but many of the old ones have been deleted somewhy. :(



Sundewman's videos. They're absolutely amazing, cool and lovely. I love the way he describes each of the species and hybrids separately and tells his own observations. You should watch these if you're a sundew lover.

Few days ago I changed the top pic of this blog to a bit more personal and to fit better on the blogs subject. Hope you like the pitcher of my Cephalotus follicularis.

I will take pictures of my plants during this week and update my blog again later.

It is really amazing to think that I've been writing this blog for almost a year and I'm happy to see that my blog has over 1600 pageviews and traffic from 43 countries. Hope you have enjoyed reading this blog and would like to see more posts in future too.

During the time I couldn't update my blog I got few new seeds and even tried growing some pygmy sundews from gemmae. Seeds of D. burmannii from Humpty Doo, Australia and gemmae of D. omissa x pulchella, thanks to Dieter!

Happy Christmas time!

No comments:

Post a Comment